In this episode of the EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS: Intellectual Property podcast, Mintz IP attorneys Drew DeVoogd and Daniel Weinger welcome guest David Duski for the first of a two-part series covering patent trial damages. David is a Director at BDO in its Advisory Practice and leads BDO's National Intellectual Property Consulting Practice. He serves as an expert witness for damages assessments in patent litigation. In Part I, the trio discuss:
- Whether we are at the beginning of a trend in large damages verdicts
- The impact of litigation financing on patent litigation
- Damages cases becoming more of a theme in trials
- If implementers factor the cost of litigation into the cost of product development
- Risks of taking cases to trial - for patentees and accused infringers
The content of this article is intended to provide a general guide to the subject matter. Specialist advice should be sought about your specific circumstances.